An interesting read about the glove market from globenewswire.com
The global cleanroom disposable gloves market is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 8.0% during 2014-2020. Neoprene disposable gloves would emerge as the fastest growing segment, at a CAGR of 17.5% during the forecast period.
In order to maintain aseptic and contaminant-free environment during production, controlled environmental conditions are the prerequisites for pharmaceutical, semiconductor and electronics manufacturing companies. The prerequisites can be achieved by setting up distinct and separate cleanrooms, which necessitates the need for clean room disposable gloves in the production environment. Factors such as a large base of consumers, stringent regulatory requirements and the popularity of ‘cleanroom-customized’ gloves are driving the growth of the market. Following the positive strides in the adoption of the clean room disposable gloves, the market is expected to reach 35.6 billion pairs by 2020.
Natural rubber/latex disposable gloves, despite its conventional nature, continues to dominate the market. It held about 2/5th of the market share in 2013 making it the leading market segment, and shall continue to lead the market during forecast period. Unchallenged physical attributes such as comfort and dexterity supplement the growth of natural rubber/latex gloves. However, increasing incidences of allergies and a consequent ban on such gloves have given rise to the need for non-allergic variants of cleanroom gloves, chiefly, the nitrile gloves. Apart from its non-allergic properties, nitrile gloves also possess additional properties such as resistance to puncture, antistatic properties, anti-slip grip and anti-fatigue properties.
However, these types of gloves cannot be used when subjected to hazardous conditions such as extreme temperatures, radiations, chemicals and punctures. These challenges can be overcome by neoprene gloves; thus, making it the fastest growing market segment during the period of 2014-2020. However, neoprene gloves (cleanroom-customized disposable gloves) are priced higher as compared to conventional gloves, which is a restraint for the growth of this market.
The companies profiled in this report include Ansell Healthcare, Hartalega Holdings Berhad, Supermax Corporation Berhad, Kossan Rubber Industries Ltd., Rubberex, Top Glove Corporation Berhad, Adventa Berhad and Semperit AG Holding, amongst others.
Key findings of the study:
– Nitrile gloves holds second highest CAGR i.e., 9.2% during 2014-2020
– Natural Rubber/Latex gloves would account for the largest market share, both in terms of volume as well as value through 2020, followed by vinyl gloves
– Asia Pacific accounted for the 48% of the global market in 2013, followed by North America, at 28% of the global market share
– China emerges as one of the most lucrative markets during 2014-2020
– See more at: http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/02/11/705492/0/en/Global-Cleanroom-Disposable-Gloves-Natural-rubber-latex-Vinyl-Nitrile-Neoprene-gloves-Market-Size-Global-Trends-Company-Profiles-Segmentation-and-Forecasts-2013-2020.html#sthash.9jTiLgK6.dpuf